Thursday, June 4, 2015

Chalkboard Coasters


How often do you hear people say "I love my job"? Well, I love my job!

The other day, I got to take a client to Michael's for a community outing. We got some crafts, came back to PACE, and that's what we spent our day doing!

Anywho, I've had this pinned forever, so I finally decided to try it out. Here's what I discovered.


Chalkboard coasters. These were so simple, I couldn't believe it. I went into Michael's thinking I would have to find tiles and paint them with chalkboard paint myself. To my surprise, they actually have stacks of four that are already chalkboarded ready to write on. That's an entire step taken out of the original directions!

PATTY'S PERSONAL TOUCH
I took some inspiration from the Pin (I stole the "ENJOY" right from the page actually) and then looked at the things around my apartment for the others coasters.

The cool thing is, you can wash the chalkboard paint right off, so as the seasons and months change, you get a chance to switch it up.






QUICK TIP
The coasters are supposed to be "chalkboard". However, like on any other chalkboard, the chalk markers leave behind residue. This means if you make a mistake or change your mind and wipe it off with water, you can still see what you drew.

When I change them, I may paint over the tops with chalkboard paint if the image is too noticeable. We'll see!




No comments:

Post a Comment