Monday, June 22, 2015

Fantastic Fathers

As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;
Psalm 103:13

According to Google, the definition of father is "a man in relation to his natural child or children." Now isn't that far from accurate? From this verse, I see more in the word father. I see the word compassion, and a love that is comparable to that of our Father in heaven. That's a lot of love!

So to that, I say Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful fathers out there! I know I'm a day late, but we should appreciate our dads (and moms) everyday of the year! 

My Dad essentially lives out of our basement (a.k.a. the Man Cave). Being a die-hard Dallas Cowboys fan and a former Buckeye (even though we are now eat-sleep-breathe-Mountaineers), the main part of his dwelling is decorated with those two football teams. I decided to give him a proper greeter when he walks down the stairs into his grotto.


I painted him a double sided pallet piece. One side read "how 'bout them COWBOYS", a tip of the hat to George Strait's "How 'bout Them Cowgirls". I did my best to freehand the Cowboys writing logo (I think I did halfway decent) and then on the other side....


a tribute to being another "nutty" Buckeye fan! (Pun totally intended) 

I don't really think this project requires instructions for anything, but I will say that if you're in a hurry, use acrylic paint and a blow dryer. I did the bases first and then painted on the lettering with a thin brush for the outlines and filled them in. 

As far as cards go, my pop is a big Superman fan- his 1925 Model T is done in Superman! So I made him a card using my Cricut Explore and some extra scrapbook paper to reflect his other hobby. 



Unfortunately, Cricut Design Space doesn't have a Superman emblem to purchase, so I made my own by welding together a triangle, a rectangle, and a couple more triangles for the edges.


Then I copy and pasted the solid emblem outline to make a hole in the center. Be sure to make the one in the center smaller. Unlock the dimensions (bottom left corner) to make it fit perfectly. The shape is a little different in order to get the sides even. Take your time!



After slicing the outline, I inserted the letter "S" with my choice of font that best fit the original emblem. There are many that look similar to the original, it's your choice! 


Then I welded the S to the inside of the outline. And, ta-da! Your own Superman Cricut emblem. Use the smaller cut border piece to fill in the background color of the logo.


The card shirt outside involved folding the two edges of a regular piece of scrapbook paper to meet in the middle. I cut it down to the desired height, and then folded the top corners down to create a collar. I cut the tie by hand and glued it to only one of the pieces that were folded in. 

Easy as that! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment