Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Easy Elastics



If you're anything like me, you lose more hair ties than you use. And with that, you spend more money on them than you'd like. Well, I've seen people wearing these knot-ties, and I can't believe people actually pay $10 for a pack of 10! (Seriously! Look on Etsy!)

Well, here's something that's much cheaper and much easier.

The elastic cord can be found at any Walmart in the sewing section, Michael's, JoAnn Fabrics, etc. A pack of 4 different elastics was under $5.

Before you make the first cut, wrap the elastic around your wrist to where it's "too big" if it were to be end to end (I  left about 1 1/2 in on each side). It's easier to cut off elastic on a tie that's too long than to fit a tiny one around your wrist and your hair!

When you cut the first, don't tie it yet! Use it to measure out all the others, then tie them all. Again, use your own wrist to make sure they're not too tight. Cut any excess off and burn the ends so they don't unravel!! 

I end up with about 30 hair ties after I'm done. That's 3 times the hair ties and half the cost of the others!

No comments:

Post a Comment